Sunday, February 2, 2014

THAI FOOD!!!!! Part 1

Here are the photos I've taken of the foods I've eaten here in Thailand up until the point that you've read up to so far. I maintain that to say "I don't like Thai food" is like saying "Cows don't moo". It's just an impossibility. To say "bad-tasting Thai food" is like saying "jumbo shrimp" or "loving hate" or something. It's a paradox. Thai cuisine is designed to incorporate all of your taste buds and so every bite is an adventure down the rabbit hole. Will you take the red pill or the blue pill?

Mushroom congee (rice soup/porridge) and coffee

Sweet tea!!

Noodles with fish balls and other yumminess

More sweet tea

FRESH FRESH barbecue chicken, with medium spicy papaya bok bok (green papaya salad...the chutney thing I mentioned before) and really spicy papaya bok bok, and stir-fried chicken and broccoli. The chicken was FRESH, man.


Let me zoom in on that chicken. Aw yeah.

Fried buffalo wings, stewed mushrooms and peppers, and minced pork with green spicy peppers and lime juice. That's a spicy one. I didn't catch the name of it in Thai.

Now this was one of my favorite meals. Fried fish, pla thxd (kind of sounds like "taught", that's a sound unique to Thai), fried duck egg, and stir-fried vegetables

Look at that fish, don't you just want to take a bite? Eat this with a particular spicy sauce that kind of tastes like a spicy A-1 sauce, and you're in sure heaven. My mouth just did a back flip falling down the rabbit hole.


Proper English breakfast, DELICIOUS

I guess we had an English theme today...FISH AND CHIPS

The sausage over there is the pork sausage that the nice lady gave me at the early morning market. They were delicious too, O barbecued them. Eat that with the spicy sauce that taste like A-1 (on the right side of the picture) and that's heaven too. Pork and what looks like leek soup. Stir-fried pork and cauliflower.

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW DELICIOUS THESE MEALS WERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment